Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Why Reread?

A friend sent me this message on Twitter the other day: "Wait, did you reread MIND GAMES? In preparation for PERFECT LIES?" The answer was yes. I read an advanced copy of Kiersten White's Mind Games last October, and it's a twisty tale, so I read my finished copy last week before diving into the sequel, Perfect Lies, out next March. I just reread (with my ears) Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Boys before reading The Dream Thieves, and I after I finish rereading Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan for a review I need to write, I'm going to reread Kasie West's Pivot Point so that I'm ready for its sequel, Split Second. And, of course, I'll be rereading both A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens and Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock as I prepare to read them with my students this fall.

O
Part of my 2012 Rereads Shelf

I wasn't always this kind of rereader. I've only read each Harry Potter book once. But as a kid I read and reread my favorites. I have no idea how many times I've read L. M. Montgomery's Anne and Emily books, or Jane Austen's novels, or Baroness Orczy's The Scarlet Pimpernel. I wish I did.

More tomorrow. I'm at school, and we're using spray paint. That's normal, right?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment