Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Tale of Two Cities (with pictures!)

Here are the results of our first two weeks studying A Tale of Two Cities:

The first week was a four-panel summary, and this week was a character profile.
Students could either draw Lucie Manette or Jarvis Lorry.
I encouraged them to use details from the text.
Students love that Mr. Lorry is vain about his legs.
Note the red cheeks: Mr. Lorry drank a bottle of wine with dinner.
When we're done, we walk around and look at everyone's work.
If I'm going to ask them to draw and share their work, then I'm going to do the same.

Next week, we meet Madame Defarge. . . I can't wait to see what her profile looks like. Also, I just realized we'll have to draw Sydney Carton and Charles Darney side-by-side as twins-but-not. I like that idea.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment